Dear St. John Family,
In light of Governor Evers’ ban on gatherings of over 50 people (and later subsequent decisions), and in concern for the health of our own members and the members of our community, St. John has made the following changes to our ministry programs:
1. St. John’s public worship services have been suspended until further notice. This doesn’t mean that worship will stop. We will still record each week’s Wednesday Lenten Service and each week’s Sunday service, so that you can view them online and participate in them. We encourage you to gather together with a small group of family or friends to worship together.
· You can watch by going to our YouTube page and selecting the correct service here: St John Lutheran YouTube Channel
· You can find a bulletin for each Worship Service so you can follow along here: Weekly Bulletins.
· Please contact the church office if you can’t live stream or you need help finding or viewing our worship services.
· If you would like to still receive the Lord’s Supper, you may come at anytime and receive private Communion from one of the Pastors.
· If you would like a written sermon or a DVD of the service, you can access written sermons at our website or you may call the office and materials can be mailed out.
2. All other activities have also been suspended (e.g. Sunday School, all Bible Classes, Altar Guild, Ladies and Men’s Bible Studies, Catechism Classes, Lenten Meals, Dartball).
3. We will contact you with any updated information either through our “Bytes of Bread” email or through Facebook. If you are not presently receiving our “Bytes of Bread,” could you please send the church office an email so that we can add you to our list so that we can send out future updates more quickly and efficiently through email. Thanks!
4. St. John’s Church Office will still be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. to receive phone calls, emails and visitors.
5. Pastors will continue to be available via phone and email. We are determined to minister to your spiritual needs as we are able.
6. Please continue to support the ministry of our congregation with your regular offerings. You can do this in a number of ways:
· You may mail or drop off your regular offering envelope
· You may give online, click on the below image:
· You can also give through our new VANCO Give Plus App. Simply download the app, login/create a username, and then find St. John. This app will allow you to give to whatever fund you so desire, as well as set a one-time offering, or a recurring offering with a specific frequency. For more information ask Tim Springstroh or one of the pastors. Below are the links for the app.
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vanco.gpm
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/give/id1120840616
As quickly as everything is moving, please remember that this is a fluid situation. We pray that this is only a short-term problem and that we’ll be able to resume our regular ministries after a short while. We plan on monitoring everything on a regular basis to make any needed modifications to this plan.
Please know that our gracious God is still in control of all things. He uses all things to serve his good purpose. It is our prayer that the Lord continue to draw us close to himself as we trust his promise, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Be well!
In His Service,
Pastor Mark Gartner
Pastor Andrew Frey